Friday, March 14, 2008

Countdown to basic

So I went to MEPS finally and got my job and everything. I'm going in an E-3, 68P radiology specialist and I got a 20k bonus,20k student loan repayment, and the GI bill. I'm pretty stoked and I'm starting my training now to make sure I don't get hurt this time. I went to basic before in 2005 but I got hurt in week 6. At least this time I'll know what to expect. We had a one mile assessment last night and my time was 9:45. Not bad, I thought I'd do worse. So now I have something to build upon. I got a training book at MEPS that tells you what to do each week in order to prepare. So for week 1 I do conditioning drills for my warm up, jog 20 minutes at an 11:15 minute pace and then stretch drill.

No comments: